Ventura Harbor Commercial Fishing Equipment Storage Improvement Project
Prebid Date12/3/20 10:00 am
Bid Date12/17/20 10:00 am
Company & Contacts
Ventura Port District
Jessica Rauch (805) 864-2741
VENTURA PORT DISTRICT
NOTICE INVITING BIDS FOR THE VENTURA HARBOR COMMERCIAL FISHING EQUIPMENT STORAGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids will be received by the Ventura Port District, Ventura, California for furnishing all plant, labor, services, materials, tools, equipment, supplies, transportation, utilities, and all other items and facilities necessary therefore, as provided in Contract Documents described in Section 8 below, for Ventura Port District, COMMERCIAL FISHING EQUIPMENT STORAGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, with all appurtenances thereto, in strict accordance with the specifications on file at the Office of the General Manager, Ventura Port District, 1603 Anchors Way Drive, Ventura, Ventura County, California.
2. DATE OF OPENING BIDS – Bids must be filed with the Ventura Port District at the office of the Ventura Port District, 1603 Anchors Way, Ventura, California, 93001 no later than THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2020 at 10:00AM., at which time and place the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids shall be submitted in sealed envelopes marked on the outside, “VENTURA PORT DISTRICT, COMMERCIAL FISHING EQUIPMENT STORAGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT.”
3. LOCATION OF THE WORK – The work to be constructed hereunder is located at the Ventura Harbor, at 1410 Angler Ct, approximately one-half mile north of the Santa Clara River and westerly of Harbor Boulevard in the City of San Buenaventura.4. DESCRIPTION OF WORK – The work consists of:
- 1. Fishing Equipment Storage Improvement includes but is not limited to the following:
- A. Removal and replacement asphalt concrete (Phase 1)
- B. Remove, replace and painting curbs
- C. Installation of 26 twenty-foot storage containers (purchased by Ventura Port District separately from this contract).
- D. Adding asphalt shingling to new storage containers
- E. Removal and disposal of existing storage containers
- F. Removal and replacement asphalt concrete (Phase 2)
5. MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE. A mandatory pre-bid conference will be conducted at the site at 10:00AM on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2020. The meeting location will be at 1410 Angler Ct. At this time bidders may tour the facilities. None of the information transmitted in this meeting will be construed in any way to modify the plans and specifications. Any modification will be forwarded to all plan holders as an addendum.
6. AWARD OF CONTRACT. Bidder understands, acknowledges, and agrees that bids for the work described herein are for the project identified in Section 4, above, as the Owner determines in its sole and absolute discretion. Bidder further understands, acknowledges, and agrees that it must submit bids on all three (3) bid items listed on the Bid Sheet attached to the Bid in order to qualify. Bidder understands that Owner will award to only one (1) lowest responsible bidder for Bid Item Number 1, as selected by the Owner in its sole and absolute discretion (Optional Bid Items 2 and 3 shall not be used to evaluate bid price, but must be bid by Bidder). The Owner reserves the right, after opening bids, to reject any or all bids, or to make award to one (1) lowest responsible bidder on the Bid Sheet attached to the Bid and reject all other bids in the manner set forth under the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act pursuant to Public Contract Code Section 22000 et seq. Bids will be compared on the basis of the District’s Engineer’s estimate of the quantities of the several items of work as shown on the Bid Sheet for Bid Item 1. A good faith determination by the Owner as to whether a bid is responsive or whether a bidder is responsible shall be final, conclusive and binding, and shall not be the basis of a claim for lost profits or damages of any kind whatsoever by a bidder to whom the contract is not awarded. The Owner will award a contract or reject all bids within 90 days of the bid opening and no bid may be withdrawn during that period. The Owner reserves the right to waive or seek correction of immaterial errors in a bid, in Owner’s sole discretion. The Owner’s determination that an error is immaterial shall be final, conclusive and binding on all bidders.
7. CERTIFIED CHECK AND BONDS. Each bid shall be accompanied by cash, a certified cashier’s check, or by a corporate surety bond on the form furnished by the District, as a guaranty that the bidder will, if an award is made to bidder in accordance with the terms of bidder’s bid, promptly secure worker’s compensation insurance and liability insurance, execute a contract in the required form, and furnish satisfactory bonds for the faithful performance of the contract and for the payment of claims of materialmen and laborers thereunder. Said cash, check, or surety bond shall be in an amount not less than 10 percent of the total highest amount of any bid item set forth on the Bid Sheet (see illustrations provided on page B-1 of Bid). Faithful Performance Bonds and Payment Bonds shall each be for not less than 100 percent of the amount set forth by the Contractor on Contractor’s Bid Sheet. The Owner reserves the right to reject any bond if, in the opinion of the Owner’s Legal Representative, the Surety’s acknowledgement is not in the form included in the contract documents or in another substantially equivalent form as prescribed by law. The bid security of unsuccessful bidders shall be returned to such bidders within sixty (60) days of the time the award of contract is made.
8. PREVAILING RATES OF WAGES. In accordance with the provisions of the California Labor Code, the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations of the State of California has ascertained and determined the general prevailing rates of wages for general, holiday and overtime work in the locality in which the work is to be performed. These wages are published and available for inspection at the District’s office. It shall be mandatory upon the contractor to whom the contract is awarded and upon any subcontractor under the contractor to pay not less than the prevailing specified rates to all workers employed by them in the execution of the contract. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. Job site notices required by Labor Code Section 1771.4 shall be posted. Contractors and subcontractors failing to comply with the prevailing wage requirement are subject to debarment by the Labor Commissioner, as provided in Labor Code Section 1771.1. Debarred contractors are declared ineligible to perform work on any public works project, either as the prime contractor or a subcontractor.
9. CONTRACT DOCUMENTS. The contract documents shall consist of this Notice Inviting Bids, the Instructions to Bidders, the accepted Bid, the Bid Sheet, the Contractor’s Licensing Statement, the List of Subcontractors, the Bid Security Form or Bid Bond, the Agreement, the Faithful Performance Bond, the Payment Bond, the Non-Collusion Affidavit, the General Conditions of the Contract, the Special Conditions of the Contract, and the Detail Specifications and Drawings, all of which are on file in the office of the General Manager, Ventura Port District, Ventura, California.
Copies of the drawings, specifications and bidding documents may be obtained for purchase on or about MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2020 from the CyberCopy Public Plan Room Access internet site at https://www.cybercopyplanroom.com/jobs/public. Bidders shall be solely responsible for making any and all arrangements necessary directly with CyberCopy, 3020 Sherwin Ave., Ventura, CA 93003, to order, purchase, and have delivered any and all paper and/or digital copies of the drawings, specifications, and bidding documents. Questions about how to obtain and procure the documents may be directed to CyberCopyUSA at (805) 642-3292 or email@example.com. Collect calls will not be accepted.
10. SECURITY FOR PERFORMANCE. Pursuant to California Public Contract Code Section 22300, securities may be substituted for any moneys withheld by the Owner to ensure performance under the contract. If such securities are desired to be utilized by any bidder, they shall be utilized in accordance with the provisions of Public Contract Code Section 22300 and, as required by those provisions, the bidder shall bear any expenses incurred due to the use of such securities.
11. BIDDER OBLIGATIONS. Each bidder shall carefully examine the drawings, read the specifications and the forms of the contract documents, and shall visit the site of the proposed work to fully inform bidder as to all existing conditions and limitations that may affect the execution of work under the contract, and shall include in the prices bid the cost of all incidentals and appurtenances. The failure or omission of any bidder to receive or examine any form, instrument, addendum, or other document, or bidder’s failure to visit and become acquainted with the conditions at the construction site, shall in no respect relieve bidder from any obligation imposed by bidder’s bid or by the contract. The submittal of a bid shall be taken as prima facie evidence of compliance with all instructions contained herein.
12. CLASSIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS’ LICENSES; REGISTRATION WITH DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS. Contractors submitting a proposal shall possess, at the time the contract is awarded, the following class of contractor’s license(s) issued pursuant to Division 3, Chapter 9, of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California Classification B – General Building Contractor. The Contractor shall certify that the license(s) specified are the classification(s) required to perform the Work contemplated under the Contract Documents. Contractor shall provide Owner with their Contractor’s license number and expiration date as provided in the Proposal, and shall present satisfactory evidence that they are licensed in good standing. Contractors submitting proposals shall be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations, as provided in Labor Code Section 1725.5, and shall include evidence that they are so registered with their proposal.