* REBID * Eastside USD - Tierra Bonita Elementary School Relocatable Classroom Remodel
Prebid Date3/10/21 9:00 am
Bid Date4/7/21 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
EASTSIDE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Eddy Benedetti 661-952-1278
Lancaster CA 93535
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of
Eastside Union School District (“District”)
will receive sealed bids for the following project
Tierra Bonita Elementary School- (E) Relocatable Special Ed Classroom Remodel(“Project” or “Contract”)
1. The Project consists of:
Single Phase: Remodeling existing relocatable classrooms for special education purposes.
Provide all labor, materials, and equipment as required to modify existing relocatable special educational classrooms including, but not limited to the demolition and removal of existing framing, plumbing, and electrical as required for new student restroom, changing room and timeout rooms as indicated on these drawings and specifications.
2. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess the following State of California Contractor License:
B or other applicable license.
The Bidder’s license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the Contract.
3. Bid and Contract Documents are available at:
3020 Sherwin Ave.
Ventura, CA 93003
Electronic downloads are available for a non-refundable payment of $35.00. Hard copies may be purchased for $110.00 by registered plan holders directly from Cyber Copy.
4. All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
5. All Bids must be sealed in an envelope and marked on the outside of the envelope containing the bid with the name and address of the Bidder, the Project name, Bid number, date, and time of bid opening. Failure to include sufficient information to identify the Bidder, by including the Bidder’s name or address, may result in the rejection of the Bid. Each Bid must receive a time stamp provided by the District indicating the time the Bid was received by the District. The time stamp will be placed on the Bid by a District employee when the Bid is received at the front lobby of the District and in compliance with the requirements set forth below in paragraph
6. Sealed Bids will be received until:
1:59:59 p.m., PDT, April 7th, 2021
at Eastside Union School District Office, 44938 30th St E, Lancaster, CA 93535
Any bid that is submitted after 1:59:59 p.m. as determined by the official bid clock in the lobby of the District Office, shall be non-responsive and returned to the bidder. Bids received via Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS), or United States Postal Service delivery must be received by the District no later than 1:59:59 p.m. PDT, February 17, 2021 as determined by the District’s official bid clock located in the lobby of the District Office and as indicated by the time stamp placed on the Bid by a District employee when the Bid is received. Any bid received via Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS), or United States Postal Service delivery after 1:59:59 p.m. PDT, shall be non-responsive and returned to the bidder. Failure to timely deliver a bid that is attributable to the carrier shall not constitute an excuse for untimely delivery. Bids transmitted via Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS), or United States Postal Service delivery must be placed in a separately sealed envelope inside of the Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS), or United States Postal Service package. Failure to include all required documents may render the bid non- responsive. Those bids timely received shall be publicly opened and read aloud at 2:05 p.m. on February 17, 2021 at the District Office. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
7. A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District, cash, or a cashier’s check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Eastside Union School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
There will be a pre-bid conference and site visit on March 10th, 2021 at 2:00p.m. sharp for the purpose of acquainting all prospective bidders with the bid documents and the work site. Prospective bidders are to meet in front of the Tierra Bonita Elementary School site 44820 27th St. East, Lancaster, CA 93535.
8. All attendees must sign-in when arriving at the location. The District reserves the right to conduct an additional pre-bid conference if deemed necessary.
9. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the contract for the Work.
10. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
11. Where applicable, bidders must meet the requirements set forth in Public Contract Code section 10115 et seq., Military and Veterans Code section 999 et seq. and California Code of Regulations, Title 2, Section 1896.60 et seq. regarding Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (“DVBE”) Programs. Forms are included in the Bid documents (N/A).
12. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to sections 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are available from the Department of Industrial Relations and on the Internet at:
13. Pursuant to Labor Code sections 1725.5 and 1771.1, all contractors and subcontractors that wish to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal, or enter into a contract to perform public work must be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations. No bid will be accepted nor any contract entered into without proof of the contractor’s and subcontractors’ current registration with the Department of Industrial Relations to perform public work. If awarded a Contract, the Bidder and its subcontractors, of any tier, shall maintain active registration with the Department of Industrial Relations for the duration of the Project.
14. This Project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. In bidding on this project, it shall be the Bidder’s sole responsibility to evaluate and include the cost of complying with all labor compliance requirements under this contract and applicable law in its bid.
15. The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on the base bid amount only.
16. The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) calendar days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.