Mesa Union Elementary School District - Re-Roofing Project
Bid Date3/25/21 1:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Mesa Union School District
David Norris 805-383-9315
3901 Mesa School Road, Somis CA 93066
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
1. Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Mesa Union School
District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 01-2021,
Bid Package 01 (“Project” or “Contract”):
2. The Project consists of re-roofing of the low slope roof sections of the Cafeteria,
Office Complex, Classroom Wings, MPR and Office Buildings.
3. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following
State of California contractors’ license:
Class B or C39
The Bidder’s license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term
of the Contract.
4. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works
contractor with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code.
Plans and Contract Documents will be available on or after February 19, 2021, to
purchase for forty dollars ($40.00 estimated price) at the online Cyber Copy Plan
5. Sealed bids will be received until 1:00p.m., March 25, 2021, at the District Office,
3901 N. Mesa School Road Somis California 93066 at or after which time the bids will
be opened and publicly read aloud. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be
nonresponsive and returned to the bidder. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid
must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
6. Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20111.5, only prequalified bidders will be
eligible to submit a bid for this Project. Any bid submitted by a bidder who is not
prequalified shall be non-responsive and returned unopened to the bidder.
The prequalification process for this Project is currently ongoing and will remain open until
one day prior to bid opening. For information on the prequalifying process, go to the link at
Next, in the drop-down box labeled “District,” select the District. Next, go to the far-right
column labeled “Actions” and click on “view” to see the Project information.
If you need assistance, go the help desk at: http://www.colbitech.com/support/ ; call a
Support Technician at (714) 505-9544, weekdays 9:00a.m.to 5:00p.m. PST; or email
7. All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be
responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the
Instructions to Bidders.
8. A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District a
cashier’s check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Mesa Union School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the
District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
9. A mandatory pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on March 5, 2021, at 3:00
p.m. at Mesa Union Elementary School located at 3901 N. Mesa School Road Somis California 93066.
All participants are required to sign in front of the school at the Flagpole. The site visit is expected to take approximately 45 minutes. Failure to attend or tardiness will render bid ineligible. Special Instructions: COVID-19 Protocol for Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit: With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, the District is taking preventative measures and protocols to protect those attending the Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference. If you will be attending, you must come prepared and follow the following rules, or you will be asked to leave the property. We are concerned for everyone’s safety. It is critical that individuals do NOT report to the meeting while they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, chills, or fatigue. There will be no hand-shaking or other contact greetings. Social Distancing – always maintain a 6-foot distance between others. You must come equipped wearing PPE, facemask, and latex gloves. The District asks that only one representative per company attend.
10. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a
100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
11. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the
District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions
of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
12. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on
all Work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing
rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work
as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of
California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be
performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to section 1770 et seq. of
the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are also available from the District
or on the Internet at: http://www.dir.ca.gov.
13. This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the
Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and
subject to the requirements of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. The
successful Bidder shall comply with all requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1,
Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
14. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall comply with applicable federal, State, and local requirements relating to COVID-19 or other public health emergency/epidemic/pandemic including, if required, preparing, posting, and implementing a Social Distancing Protocol.
15. The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive
responsible bidder based on: The base bid amount only.
16. The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity
in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful
bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made.
Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90)
days after the date of the bid opening.