Somis USD - Gas & Water Line Replacement Project
Prebid Date6/23/21 8:30 am
Bid Date6/29/21 1:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Somis Union School District
David Norris (805) 910-9438
5268 North Street Somis California 93066
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
1. Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Somis Union School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 07-2021, Bid Package 07 (“Project” or “Contract”): Gas and Water Line Replacement Project
2. The Project consists of approximately 330 feet of trenching, including the replacement of existing gas and water lines feeding the Multi-Purpose Building, Office and Irrigation trunk line to lawn areas.
3. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California contractors’ license:
Class B or C36
The Bidder’s license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the Contract.
4. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works contractor with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code.
Plans and Contract Documents will be available on or after June 11, 2021, to purchase for forty dollars ($35.00 estimated price) at the online Cyber Copy Plan Room: https://www.cybercopyplanroom.com
5. Sealed bids will be received until 1:00p.m., June 29, 2021, at the District Office, 5268 North Street Somis California 93066 at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be nonresponsive and returned to the bidder. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
6. All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
7. A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District a cashier’s check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Mesa Union School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
8. A mandatory pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on June 23, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. at Somis Union Elementary School located at 5268 North Street Somis California 93066. All participants are required to sign in front of the school at the Flagpole. The site visit is expected to take approximately 45 minutes. Failure to attend or tardiness will render bid ineligible. Special Instructions: COVID-19 Protocol for Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit: With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, the District is taking preventative measures and protocols to protect those attending the Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference. If you will be attending, you must come prepared and follow the following rules, or you will be asked to leave the property. We are concerned for everyone’s safety. It is critical that individuals do NOT report to the meeting while they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, chills, or fatigue. There will be no hand-shaking or other contact greetings. Social Distancing – always maintain a 6-foot distance between others. You must come equipped wearing PPE, facemask, and latex gloves. The District asks that only one representative per company attend.
9. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
10. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
11. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all Work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to section 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are also available from the District or on the Internet at: http://www.dir.ca.gov
12. This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and subject to the requirements of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. The successful Bidder shall comply with all requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1, Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
13. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall comply with applicable federal, State, and local requirements relating to COVID-19 or other public health emergency/epidemic/pandemic including, if required, preparing, posting, and implementing a Social Distancing Protocol.
14. The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on: The base bid amount only.
15. The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.