Mesa Elementary School Window Replacement & Electrical/HVAC Upgrade Project
Bid Date12/3/21 1:30pm
Company & Contacts
Mesa Union School District
David Norris 805-910-9438
3901 N. Mesa School Road - Somis, California 93066
District: Mesa Union School District
School: Mesa Elementary School
Window Replacement & Electrical/HVAC Upgrade
Job #20135.01 & 20136.01
DSA# 03-121588 & 03-121589
Mandatory Site Visit & Pre-Bid Conference: 11/3/21 (This date supersedes date noted in Project Manual(s))
Bid Date: 12/3/21 (This date supersedes date noted in Project Manual(s))
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
(1) Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Mesa Union School District
(“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 01-2021, Bid Package 01
(“Project” or “Contract”):
WINDOW REPLACEMENT & ELECTRICAL/HVAC UPGRADE PROJECT
(2) The Project consists of the replacement of all exterior windows for Building A (Office Complex
and Classrooms), Building B (Cafeteria), Buildings C, D and E (Classrooms).
(3) To bid on this Project, the Bidders are hereby notified that they shall have either one or more of
the following State of California contractors’ license:
- a. Class “B” – General Building Contractors License with a “C-17” – Glazing License; or,
subcontract with a contractor with a “C-17” Glazing License.
The Bidder’s license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the
(4) To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works contractor with
the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code.
Plans and Contract Documents will be available on or after November 20, 2021, for purchase/download at the online Cyber Copy Plan Room:
(5) Sealed bids will be received until:
- 1:30p.m., December 3rd, 2021 (This date supersedes date noted in Project Manual(s)), at the District Office, 3901 N. Mesa School Road Somis California 93066 at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be nonresponsive and returnedto the bidder. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
(6) Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20111.5, only prequalified bidders will be eligible to
submit a bid for this Project. Any bid submitted by a bidder who is not prequalified shall be nonresponsive and returned unopened to the bidder.
- The prequalification process for this Project is currently ongoing and will remain open until one
day prior to bid opening. For information on the prequalifying process, go to the link at Quality
- Next, in the drop-down box labeled “District,” select the District. Next, go to the far-right column
labeled “Actions” and click on “view” to see the Project information.
- If you need assistance, go the help desk at: http://www.colbitech.com/support/; call a Support
Technician at (714) 505-9544, weekdays 9:00a.m.to 5:00p.m. PST; or email
(7) All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive
to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
(8) A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District a cashier’s check
or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Mesa Union School District, in the amount of ten
percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
(9) A mandatory pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on:
- November 3rd, 2021, at 2:00 p.m (This date supersedes date noted in Project Manual(s)), at Mesa Union Elementary School located at 3901 N. Mesa School Road Somis California 93066. All participants are required to sign in front of the school at the Flagpole. The site visit is expected to take approximately 45 minutes. Failure to attend or tardiness will render bid ineligible.
- Special Instructions: COVID-19 Protocol for Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit:
With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, the District is taking preventative measures and
protocols to protect those attending the Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference. If you will be attending,
you must come prepared and follow the following rules, or you will be asked to leave the
property. We are concerned for everyone’s safety. It is critical that individuals do NOT report to
the meeting while they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of
breath, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, chills, or fatigue. There will be no handshaking
or other contact greetings. Social Distancing – always maintain a 6-foot distance between
others. You must come equipped wearing PPE, facemask, and latex gloves. The District asks that
only one representative per company attend.
(10) The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100%
Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
(11) . The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure
performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public
(12) The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all Work
performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages
and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of
the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and
the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to
section 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are also available from
the District or on the Internet at: http://www.dir.ca.gov
(13) This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of
Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and subject to the requirements of
Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. The successful Bidder shall comply with all
requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1, Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
(14) The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall comply with applicable federal,
State, and local requirements relating to COVID-19 or other public health
emergency/epidemic/pandemic including, if required, preparing, posting, and implementing a
Social Distancing Protocol.
(15) The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible
bidder based on: The base bid amount only.
(16) The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid
received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be
returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by
law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.